We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

It's Tuesday again

and I really feel we need to move these old posts on down the line, however I don't have a formed full post to share, so, some tidbits:
I observed an abortion today, as is required for my new job. It was a much quicker procedure than I realized, which is a good thing all around. I was told before hand that the most difficult part for an observer like myself is usually seeing the woman in pain or discomfort, which I would say was accurate.

I got totally lost on the east side this morning, it was fucked up, I hate map quest because they are such LIARS, and while the maps application on my phone helped and ultimately got me there, I kind of hate them too because I don't know at any given/time place which was is north, south, east or west. Assholes.

I have not been feeling very well - frankly, J.ho since the Texas BBQ, however I do not blame the BBQ, I seem to have some combo of a cold and a stomach bug - sweet. Hopefully done with that. As a result, I spent the ENTIRE day yesterday watching TV, which I have not done for ages and ages. I'm on a big without a trace kick, as I have never watched that show and can now DVR all the reruns, which is like 3 reruns a day.

P - diddy is presently at an 8 hour training on addressing racism through musical theater or something like that, which I can not even imagine what is going down with that. Would like to be a fly on the wall, tho. Probably fairly entertaining, especially since he is there along with every single employee of the theater.

Not much exciting, as you can see. Post something, J ho - you have Kai! Let's see some photos, or hear the latest on his tiger roar or perhaps his bowel movements.

5 Comments:

Blogger MedusaJ said...

Damn, that's intense. And where is this new job?
MJ

2:08 AM

 
Blogger Silk E. said...

it's @ Preterm, a non profit abortion clinic on the east side (hence my getting lost, hating mapquest). I'll be trained as a patient advocate doing pre and post counseling and support during procedures. I'm so psyched to be working for the cause, countering those nutty pro lifers and using my degree - women studies hollllllllaaaaa.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger MedusaJ said...

Just watch out for those nutbags standing outside the place waiting to hate on you. I had a woman tell me "peace begins in the womb" in regards to my WTF bumper sticker. The loonies are everywhere, and they don't abort. Good luck, sounds like it will be rewarding yet challenging. Pro choice bitches, pro choice.

4:19 AM

 
Blogger MedusaJ said...

PS-And why the fuck are a bunch or random people I don't know commenting on my blogs? Seriously.
MJ

4:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read your womb post recently, way to be michael, handling the confrontation. I have noticed the same 2 old men, of course, outside of PT, the one of whom talks to me and says " don't go in that evil place, young lady", etc.
And I don't know who is commenting on your shit but it seems very random.
SIlk

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home