We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Random May Musings

Unfortunately, there really has not been much to blog about, here at the blogalicious. Sure, there have been some funny random encounters w/ Toddling Bruce (including one where I walked up with the baby and he whipped out a camping chair from his trunk and encouraged us to sit and visit on his 'plot' of land).
There has been the requisite family drama, complete with the "emergency" medical needs of a family member who, in my opinion and diagnosis, always needs to have the attention of his spouse and when her attention is diverted, he manifests something to bring it back. There's some psycho-babble and universe-messaging for you.
There is also the anxiety producing trip to the Old Country coming up. If we survive the plane ride, I'm sure we'll be able to survive 10 days in Italy; at least, that is what I'm telling myself. I feel like I've just gotten the baby in a good schedule, he naps regularly, he's happy and content, things are going well. So I'm sure this trip will completely fuck things up. And we'll never find this happy little routine again. Which if you know anything about me, you know that I love my routines.
Today we were up very early, so we took an early walk through the neighborhood. Its my favorite time of day to walk, apart from being tired, as it allows me to gaze at the gardens and homes of others and daydream about our next step in life. We're spending the rest of the day running errands (hello, Target, we're here for our daily visit) and then probably a low key evening at home...my favorite kind.
So you see, not too much going on. These are some of the long days (at time very lonely) of being a mom. My next door neighbor had to return to work yesterday, after six months of maternity leave, and I feel so bad for her. Because honestly, the one thing that would really, really suck would be to have to go work all day and then come home to take care of the baby. It would just be exhausting.
On that happy note (ha!) peace out fellow bloggers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home