We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Monday, April 26, 2010

Random Notes

Sitting in yoga class last night, for the first time in more than a month, I let my mind wander (it is sooooooo hard for me to pay attention during yoga class), through many topics and places... the class was small, perhaps because of the concurrent cavs game? I always like it when the classes are smaller. I get annoyed when there are more than 3 or 4 other people there. Last night, there were 7 of us, and the sun moved in to the room beautifully as it began to set, highlighting the one empty spot in the middle, and I couldn't help but think of Aunt Karen, who usually also attends this class, but who was also absent yesterday. It was a sad and beautiful moment, all in one.

-----

Baby Taj scooted forward today in what could have been a crawl, in his furious attempt to grab a book, which he just wanted to put into his mouth. I'm pretty sure he's teething, because he is in a near constant state of annoyance and agitation, shoving everything into his mouth with a ferocity that is astonishing. Whip out the baby motrin, get out the frozen fruit and teething rings, and start mental preparations for the first bite.

-----

So, the person I want to "de-friend" is someone whose parenting styles are VERY different, and thus incompatible with mine; in addition, she does not have good boundaries and she tries to make plans with us A LOT. She is annoying and is not undeterred by unanswered phone calls or ignored emails. I find myself caving to getting together, because it is easier, and because I have not yet worked up the courage to just say NO. So, I probably will have to move to ditch her. Maybe not far, but definitely without telling her.

-----

On the topic of moving, taj told me recently that we will almost certainly have to move in the next two years, to allow his career to develop and grow, and whatnot. Location: who the heck knows. Anywhere he finds a suitable position, I guess. The one position he has already been recruited for has offices in Nashville or Tampa. I'm not impressed.

-----

More random musings later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home