We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Thursday, June 24, 2010

2 years

today could have royally sucked. For some asinine reason I thought that it would be a-ok to have it be my first day back to work after 10 days off (though I did need to you know, start generating a modest income again at some point sooner than later). I've been a little distracted, so did not give a lot of thought to today before it was here. I was a little worried, then, to find myself sad, being at a place that reminds me so much of my mom and aunt karen since they both spent so much time there. However, I made it through unscathed, no worse or sadder for ware. I worked on my clients, ate my dinner, chose the food for Karen's memorial service, got a nice card in my mailbox form someone I barely even know.
The main reasons today was ok : a phone call from my brother which left me with the visual of my mom rolling off of a couch then nearly peeing herself with laughter (something that came to me multiple times while working and made me laugh aloud), the fact that I got breakfast lunch and dinner to go in one stop at Gypsy (peanut butter cookie shout out) and the fact that I ended up with one client for tomorrow evening, who is awesome and a good friend and has sacrificed her massage to be rescheduled so that we may instead meet and drink martinis.
My intentions for the rest of the evening are to watch some television in order to avoid conscious thought/ processing of emotions and if my energy holds up, take a big ass night time downtown cleveland bike ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger MedusaJ said...

I've been thinking about you.

2:02 AM

 
Anonymous matthew said...

glad the phone call helped. for my part, the highlights were talking to you and, after that, to john. miss charlotte's texts were nice, too.

shortly thereafter an apocalyptic storm blew through c'ville and left us without power for 24 hours until about 5pm tonight. so last night i pretty much sat on the couch in our sweltering living room and stared off into the darkness. not an ideal set of circumstances for keeping oneself out of a funk, which may explain my general irritability and pissiness tonight.

but the ac's back on, cleo is at a friend's house for a sleepover, and the ps3 looks ready to go. so perhaps things are starting to look up.

anyway, it was good to talk to you yesterday. i wish we lived closer. i miss you a lot.

8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home