We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Monday, January 25, 2010

Finally, Sleep.

The Mabel Offices of blog-a-licious have been a bit sleep deprived the past few weeks, what with the plague and all that has been circulating amongst the crew, and one particularly ornery 4 month old who just does not appear to enjoy sleep. However, thanks to a few tricks and liberal usage of baby vicks and tylenol, things are on the upswing...imagine, last night, we got two stretches of 5 hours each!! I am, my friends, a New Woman.

Yesterday's yoga class was another reminder that it is almost impossible for me to "stay in the moment"...though I try, it is so hard. Even during the class, its a constant effort to keep my mind on my breathing and my yoga as opposed to obsessing about the following:
1. Having another baby~~how on earth would that work??
2. My career--if you can call it that, what is it?...where will I be in 5 years?
3. The variety of business ideas I have, that I'd like to open
4. Menu items for the indian food stand I want to open at the W.S. Market
5. Back to having another baby~~really, how can a person care for more than one child?? When do you ever have a chance to shower or eat or sleep?
6. Why I never want to visit India again
and so forth...

In other news, I started a class at CSU last week...counseling children and adolescents. Its my final class before doing my internship and becoming a licensed counselor. Thankfully, my child is still an infant, so my anxiety about him, his personality, his future, will be limited. If I had a toddler or an older child, all bets would be off. Its bad enough to reflect on yourself when taking these classes...when I studied psychopathology, I was convinced I had every disorder we learned about.

Finally, I recently got a new book from the library, which can only help the quality of my posts here. "Grammar Sucks!" will surely help me polish up my musings and make them not only more readable, but hopefully, more enjoyable as well! This book is from the author who brought me "Breastfeeding Sucks!" which was hilarious and desperately needed during the early weeks of Baby Taj's life. Look for vast improvements. Notice I said in the grammar, not the quality or interest of the posts. We can only do so much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Silk E. said...

JHM can you delete these dumb ass comments (the one in chinese as well). I tried but could not figure it out and they annoy me.

6:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home