We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Friday, March 05, 2010

Today's Lessons in Parenting

Please note: both lessons impart knowledge that is known before lessons are given to parents, however, parents often fail to realize that such knowledge will, in fact, become reality.
Lesson learned.

1. When eagerly anticipating the achievement of some milestone, do not become anxious when child does not perform when you think he should. As with all things in life, he will do things when the time is right. Remember what Grandma Kroeger always said: "No child goes to kindergarten not potty trained or still sucking their thumb (or using a paci?)." Remember this.

2. Real food equals real shit.

Yesterday, taj jr. rolled over for the first time, completely on his own, with no encouragement or prodding from me.

He decided to do it while I was changing his first diaper that contained REAL SHIT. Yes, those peas I so lovingly fed him came back to greet me in a form that surprised me. I've become so accustomed to the almost sweetness of the yellow stool, imagine my complete surprise when I was faced with the reality that my child, will in fact, poop. And he chose to roll in this poop, thus covering his entire bottom half. I can only be thankful that his hands were occupied with a toy, and not another part he has recently found, thus sparing me a complete breakdown.

Like I said, lessons learned.

3 Comments:

Blogger vikki said...

the scatological wisdom of #2 (no pun intended) echoes the sage words of uncle jim back when we got frances: "big dogs, big shit." yes, grasshopper, your baby will produce real shit, from this day forward, for the rest of his life.

bind him up with lots of rice and bananas. then when he does get his hands in it (as he inevitably will, joseph did just this morning) the cleanup will be much quicker. haaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

9:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:01 PM

 
Blogger MedusaJ said...

You know the saying, "they're cute when they're little."

3:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home