We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tuesday Random

* Today, on the radio, I rocked out to brown eyed girl, in which they edited "making love in the green grass..." and replayed "laughing and a singin'.." I thought this deserved mention for being extremely stupid.

* I spent 4 hours at the resort for a HR training, blaaaaaaaah. I am having flashbacks to high school as I have to remove my nose ring and craftily stash it in my make up compact, to be replaced upon leaving... not sure about this , kids. Not to mention the overwhelming unoraginized state of the whole massive place. I did get free cookies, brownies, water and dr. pepper.

* I dropped my Dad off at the airport in ABQ prior to my super scintillating afternoon, he had a good visit, I enjoyed it , and want to make public, particularly to g-ma and the Engles that I whooped my dads ass at scrabble the other night 387 to 295 -thats right , 387. I have the score sheet kept in his meticulous handwriting should anyone care for some proof. Last night, he took the rematch game 360 to 251, but not the point. I never score high, ever, like over 200, so this is monumental. I had my first scrabble with " detailer". sweet.

* I am tired, probably crashing off my dr. pep and cookies snack, and have not been able to watch lost for the past few days so have to get an episode in, stat. Last one i watched Boone died and claire popped the baby - damn!
Yes, the only person in the world who had never watched lost has started with season one. It is pretty good. The only things that really bother me are 1. Kate's dumb ass facial expression and the fact that her eyebrows appear to be waxed daily on the deserted island 2. That people are still busting out fresh clean clothing and, well, other things I can't think of right now, but I'm sure they'll come to me.
Sayid looks EXACTLY like this guy I dated back in the day. crazy.
peace out -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

387 WTF did you spell? For the record I have never seen and have no desire to see a single episode of LOST -- looks way too stupid.
Let's plan a scrabble match at the beach. I only beat your dad once the entire time we were married.
Dr. J

8:38 PM

 
Blogger vikki said...

season 1 was really good; i watched it in short bursts, several episodes at a time, and it creeped me out so much i often had dreams about it. season 2, however, went way downhill fast and we stopped watching by the end of that season. looks like its gotten a lot better lately, i'm kind of tempted to go back to it...but i know in the end it will be like the x-files: nothing is ever revealed, nobody really knows what's going on, and in the end i'll realize i've just wasted all that time.

10:03 PM

 
Blogger MedusaJ said...

Ah, HR crap, gotta love it. I take my tongue ring out everyday before work because of some stupid ass rule about only being aloud to have studs in your ear. How would they know if I had studs elsewhere? And how would they make me take those out?

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home