We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Friday, May 09, 2008

Due to spiraling gas prices, an renewed interest in biking has taken over Merugu Mahal. Our bikes were swiped last summer by some bitches (tho we don't really know if the thieves were female, to be fair) anywho, the time came to replace them. We went to our good friend Mitch in Tremont. Oh yeah, you know who I'm talking about. Anyway, he sold me a sweet new ride, last year's model of course (he only deals with older models and I don't just mean bikes, folks). Anyway, I got a great deal on a bike that was destined for France but ended up in Mitch's shop en route. It kind of looks like this one, but with a woman's seat and different handle bars:

http://www.khsbicycles.com/hirez/07-hr-cx200.htm

I tried to copy the pic, but blogger wasn't having it.

Now, a trip to Mitch's is like no other. I originally went in on a Saturday. We chatted for awhile and he talked me out of the tandem I had my eye on. Well, Taj talked me out of it too. While we were there, Mitch had chinese food delivered. Ok. Flash forward to the following Thursday when I go to pick up my new wheels. The SAME chinese food is there, half eaten and he's going on in for the rest of it. This, in a nutshell, sums up Mitch's store. That and the "Mitch Paul for President" sticker he has hanging up, where he cut off the "Ron" and wrote in "Mitch".

So, bike patrols start this weekend, weather permitting of course. Which here in Cleveburg means probably not. We are signed up for Pedal to the Point in August though; so we must start training soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Silk E. said...

i still have my mitch bike, this summer will be the end of it for me and when i replace it when im back in cleve, i don;t think i'm going to Mitch. HE's got the deals and all but this one prety much fell apart on me, I think I;ll go new next time 'round. Vanilla soy latte can tell some stories about the Mitch-ster. Bike on!

7:42 PM

 
Blogger MedusaJ said...

I don't understand why people buy bikes from that man. He's a total nut job. But yes, bike on!! Fuck paying $4/gallon.

8:28 PM

 
Blogger JHM said...

Well, he is nutty, but I'd rather buy bikes from him than from a store. Even Century Cycles is a pain in the ass--they are not about trying to help you find the bike you want but about selling you an expensive bike. And bikes these days are pricy.

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home