We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Friday, January 08, 2010

30 is the new awesome

Some things I hope to do this year, let's see if I can think of 30
1. reacquaint myself with horseback riding
2. take karate or tae kwon do classes
3. do yoga on a regular basis
4. lose weight. Originally, I wanted to aim to lose 30lbs. This will never happen, as I love delicious food with a burning passion. 20 would be swell.
5. get the fuck out of the USA if only briefly. If not, then plan trip for 2011
6. Design tattoo for my right upper arm (or my left upper back) that is in memory of my Mom
7. Do something different with my hair - drastic cut or color change, or both
8. Cook new recipes/dishes
9. Spend less money on shit I do not need
10. Make a new friend, or friends
11. scuba dive or snorkel or both
12. get another reading by a medium, perhaps @ Lilydale in New York state
13. Send Xmas cards this Xmas
14. Take more photos
15. Execute #4 to the point where I am happy to be in more photos also . This may sound silly, but it's true! I can not even look at photos of myself, if they are at a "bad angle", it's crazy. I know I shared with V my reaction/ near breakdown when I e mailed my tattoo artists photos of my back. I was all - who is that ? yikes! - a real eye opener, folks. There is a lot of love in these love handles, thats all I am saying.
So there is 15 for you. more to come in a second installment. I started the regular yoga yesterday, with the saturday morning class. The part of my front arm/ shoulder known as the coracoid process is sore to the lightest touch today. I also started yesterday with an app on the i phone called lose it! which I think MAY work better for me counting cals. However, I dunno what on this earth will work better at making it okay for me to limit my calorie consumption to 1400 - me thinks nothing.

5 Comments:

Blogger vikki said...

i would like to lose, as well, but goddamnit, i am totally unwilling to change my habits. hoping that cooking more, buying less processed food, and also cutting out the G-D nighttime snacks--TV watching & food, man, way too many unnecessary calories--will make the difference, since it is totally fucking impossible for me to exercise.

that said, i am signing up again for yoga tomorrow, and maybe taking karate with cleo, if she'll agree to it. that would be good exercise, indeed.

our feb trip will not get you out of the US, but it should at least get you snorkeling, or scuba diving. i'm up for either.

30 is indeed awesome. way better than the 20s, when you don't know shit and don't know you don't know it. although i still feel like i'm in my 20s. go figure.

11:13 PM

 
Blogger Silk E. said...

I would fucking LOVE to take karate with Cleo! I wished I lived in the same place so I could do that( if they let aunts crash those classes, that is). I'm definitely into a water/diving activity. Im a little weirded out by scuba, I think I will be anticipating some horrible pressure in my ears but I will certainly do it, and hope that does not happen. P and Alexis did it in Australia, it sounds very very cool.

11:24 PM

 
Blogger Silk E. said...

the menfolk online war game whilst the women blog... this enforces some theory or another, no? Though I guess we game too, and they blog too.

11:44 PM

 
Blogger JHM said...

I would love to have a reading by a medium, so let me know if you want to plan it.
Also, the yoga class I go to on Sunday evenings is AWESOME, if you ever want to go with me.
Finally, once the weather breaks, (or at least when the sidewalks are free of snow) feel free to take Kai on as many walks/runs as you want! We have a jogging stroller! It would be cool...for both of us!

9:29 AM

 
Blogger JHM said...

BTW, I forgot to mention that I'd love to do some workout dvd action if you are up for it...best times are either in the morning or late afternoon around 5 or 6. I also have a copy of the Jane Fonda dvd for you if you are interested (it was your moms...i bought another copy). You will seriously crack up when you do the Fonda workout, especially if you picture me and your mom in her basement rocking out to it.

2:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home