We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

In 5 Short Years...

I've been close to tears for much of today, for a myriad of reasons, all boiling down to: life is NOT fair, and it won't be fair, and at some point, I'll have to deal with it.

However, that is not what this blog post is about. Its about the thought that did bring me to actual tears, many of them. I saw an article today on cleveland dot com, discussing the state's idea of requiring day long kindergarten for all kids starting next year. No commentary on that right now either. Though I do have an opinion.

Anyway, while reading the article, it struck me that little T.J. (Taj Jr.) will one day have to go to kindergarten, and in my mind, I could see his little face and his little self sitting in a classroom, with a big smile and let the waterworks begin. I know its many years off. But time has come to have new meaning since I've had a child. Time is fickle; it is fast, it is fleeting, yet the days are so long and lonely. And it actually pains me to think about my baby, who is just a baby, growing up!
I know that I'm at the beginning of a long road and still on shaky ground, not knowing what will come next.

1 Comments:

Blogger Silk E. said...

you type the truth, Jho. It's not fair, and not a not of us will ever know anything about what is ahead.
However, get Taj on that Urban wait list!! Just apply and then you don't have to think about it for 5 years - I've seriously heard of pregnant women signing their kids up for the wait list.

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home