We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Snippets from my day

This morning (bright and early), we embarked on a memorial bike ride in honor of Sylvia, biking her path from home to work. It was really something to be a part of, well over 100 people showed up. We stopped en route on the silent ride to her work to place flowers at her bike which is chained to a pole @ the intersection where she was hit. At her work place, the director spoke about Sylvia, it was quite moving and sad for everyone there. Then we all biked back to Tremont and disbanded. Couple of things -
JUST IN CASE I had not had enough "that totally could have been me" moments, upon arriving at what was Sylvias new Tremont home, Perren and I realize she had moved into the very same house in Tremont that I lived in the summer before we moved to NM.
Also, absolutely worth mentioning that I saw our boy, the Abbey Market midget starting off the ride, and coming back. As Perren said, we have simply got to get our hands on him.
Also saw Grandma and Grandpa Merugu on their way to the rapid, presumably off to the airport and then Boston. Perren shouted a greeting at them to "have a good trip to Chicago", and we both waved enthusiastically as we zipped by , I hope they don't think we are crazy (I think we were kind of a sight with our posse of 100 in white t shirts and helmets).
I am off to bed now, more later.
JHo, I don't think you are keeping up on the ol' blog here, but if you are, I hope to be able to come hang on the Banks Rd. tomorrow, and my present to you/Kai has finally arrived in the mail, I hope you dig it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home