We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Monday, May 25, 2009

It was bound to happen someday

Last night, Medusa and I headed out to Brothers Lounge to 1. watch the Cavs and 2. so Medusa could jam with the house band, it being jam night there.
 I had a Blue Moon at the front bar watching the first 2 quarters, then Bret (Michaels, Salexis' new alias) took off and we went into the back bar room so that Medusa would know when it was her turn on the drums.
 Up front, I had seen a basket with 2 fabulous looking soft pretzels go by, so I figured I ought to take a look at the menu. I opted for nachos instead of pretzels, and had another beer because, why not.
 As soon as Medusa was summoned to drum, I notice my personal trainer at the table behind us, clearly on a date.
 I knew this would happen one day, that I would run into him whilst consuming a late night pizza or something horribly detrimental to my waist line.
 I was immediately paralyzed by guilt/shame and could not touch a nacho until Medusa returned to our table, at which time I filled her in and asked that she shift slightly to her left in order to serve as my human shield and to also please eat some more nachos.
 As far as I know, my trainer did not notice my presence at any point. I was intently focused on the cavs game in order to look occupied and ignore the nachos, so don't really know if I was spotted at all or not.
Anyway, yesterday did mark my return to the gym after about a 3 week hiatus, and we did bike to and fro Brothers, and, as Medusa mentioned, it's a holiday weekend.
 More later.

1 Comments:

Blogger MedusaJ said...

Dude, I have been slacking on both reading your blog and contributing to my own blog. I laughed my ass off at the new posts. Welcome back.
MJ

12:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home