We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I am so unemployed

I feel like a housewife, kind of, which is freaking me out. However, I rediscovered the library today; joy! The Cleveland library and I were well acquainted, I managed to get myself on a payment plan for a $80 late fee due to my massive CD burning operation that I had going on.
I got a Barbara Kingslover I've not read yet and a Tom Robbins, I've never read any of his and every cool person I know raves about him so, hopefully that'll be good. Anyway, that's mainly why I'm posting - reccomendations for specific novels or fabulous authors, please. I think I trust the taste of everyone who keeps up on the blogalicious - Engles, no doubt, Dr.J, and Jho, Salexis, Klassy (pleasure reading here, klass, no feminist theologian dissertations, thanks) and MJ, I'm sure. So hit me, hit me people, i got nothing but time... to be reading...
Piddy's new Co- op job KICKS ASS! It seems he will be bringing home a nice sized bag of fresh organic produce virtually every night that will not be sold due to minor apperance imperfections. So he gets it for next to nothing, and we will not be starving anytime soon - awesome!
Out for now, i just filled the whole house w/ smoke toasting a bagel in the oven. nice

4 Comments:

Blogger vikki said...

tom robbins got me through some very rough times back in my college days... "skinny legs & all" was my favorite, followed by "jitterbug perfume," but i read a whole bunch of them. some other favorites of..."The secret history" by donna tartt (mystery, but very smart), "case histories" by kate atkinson (last year's beach book), "kings of infinite space" by james hynes... that's all i can remember right now. right now i'm reading "The omnivore's dilemma," which is great, but not a leisure read.

feeling like a housewife, huh? come on up to c'ville, i'll show you what housewifery is al about...

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Silk E. said...

thanks vikki. yes, i thought of you in my housewife moment, whole different thing however. I'm guessing you are able to occupy your time no prob, for the next 17 plus years...
I also had a moment of concern when i yelled at one of the dogs, the other morning, something along the lines of " shut the fuck up and go eat your breakfast!".. my god... maybe I should never have children. Also, whole different thing though. Dogs are dogs and kids are, not. (go ahead and reassure me if applicable). I love a very smart mystery so i'll check out donna tartt next. I'm very interested in the omnivores dilemma too, perhaps you can give me a brief breakdown in June.
Sarah/ Silk E./ Silksanni/ Struessel

3:26 PM

 
Blogger MedusaJ said...

A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah. It is about a boy soldier from Sierra Leone in the midst of a war. Very moving.

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Silk E. said...

Matt & Vikki, did neither one of you find my previous comment sign off hilarious? I was laughing uncontrollably for quite some time.

1:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home