We've Got to Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Friday, May 19, 2006

Ever have one of those...

Ever have one of those experiences where you have probably had a one-hit or maybe two and you think to yourself, "I've got to compile a random mix c.d. to celebrate my 23rd birthday!".
And when three, almost four, years later you stumble upon said random mix c.d. and pop it in to your cd player you are LAUGHING SO HARD you almost run right off the road, because, under certain aforementioned circumstances, of course the following twenty songs make up the perfect mix c.d. I mean, of course! Yes, my friends, this happened to me, J.Ho., known for my discriminating taste in all things musical...here is the list

1. Alanis Morisette, All I really Want (I think that is the title) Teen anguish spills over into my twenties, obviously.
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Californication Its easy to get lost in this song, especially with the help of MJ.
3. Moby featuring Gwen Stefani, South Side (I think--the one where she's all blinged out). No comment.
4. CSNY, Helplessly Hoping This one is so romantic...always makes me think of the seventies (I'm not sure why....)
5. CSNY, Title Unknown...pretty nondescript.
6. Theme song from t.v.'s The Jefferson's, we are moving on up, indeed I hope these songs move up too.
7. Carole King, Natural Woman, what?
8. Carole King, I Feel the Earth Move, what?
9. Unknown, Ain't no Sunshine when she's gone, I think someone sang this on American Idol, yes I admit, I watched the first season.
10. Stevie Wonder, Overjoyed, This is the first of four, yes FOUR, Stevie Wonder hits on this mix. I love me some Stevie. Can you believe we are only on song ten? With such a great mix!
11. Stevie Wonder, Superstitious, excellent.
12. Mary J. Blige, Mary's Back, ummmm...
13. Unknown, Squeezebox, "Momma's got a squeezebox, daddy never sleeps at night".
I know, I know, can't you just see the logic of this mix?

Well, readers, you are going to have to wait, with breathless anticipation, for songs 14-20. I can't seem to remember them now. Aren't the top thirteen delicious, though?
Special thanks to John Seebock, for encouraging a young 23 year old to choose her own mix c.d.

3 Comments:

Blogger MedusaJ said...

Great mix J-Ho. I pulled out my "Excess Baggage" mix the other day. Good times!!! I'm pretty sure Bill Withers did Ain't No Sunshine. See you Sunday!!!

MJ

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Silk E. said...

kudos, j.ho, blog-a-licious is up and running. I nearly choked on my own laughter when Piddy and I borowed the car to get me to urgent care, and the mix played on, and carole king came in. We could totally hear you singing to Taj...
by the way everyone, i am still sick. Thats right . About day 10 now and my left ear is completely filled with fluid. can't hear a thing. I have pretty much resigned mysef to not feeling well until mid June or so, when it actually get warm and stays warm here. ahhhh, well. more later from silk e on the west one one.

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Silk E. said...

by the way dude, #13 is The Who. Come on, now.

10:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home